Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Answered Prayers

Hello! Hope everyone is having a good week so far!! I am under the weather today but I want to thank God that I am getting better! Yesterday was pretty bad but I can already tell I am on my way to recovery. Praying for a speedy recovery!!

Well, it all started Monday night. I came home with a headache and just not feeling that great. I was thinking because the upcoming changes in the weather, my sinus' were starting to act up. Well, I laid down and slept for a little while and felt worse when I got up. My body was aching and my chest felt congested but I wasn't coughing or anything and I had a 99 fever. Well, Tuesday morning I felt like someone ran over me!! I haven't been this sick in a LONG time and I am such a baby when it comes to things like this. I made a Dr. appointment and slept all day waiting to see the Dr. I called my mom and told her what my symptoms were and she said it sounded like I had the flu!! I don't think I have ever had the flu, or if so I don't remember it but I prayed "Lord, please don't let me have the flu."...specifically, right??

When I got there they did the normal blood pressure and temperature and I had 103 fever! They immediately did a flu test, which by the way is a nose swab up your nose!! I was not prepared for that! Let's just say it wasn't pleasant. As I waited I still prayed not to have the flu and guess what...I didn't. So then they did a blood test (which I wasn't prepared for also!!) to see if I had an infection and that came back negative too. So needless to say, I'm not really sure what I have, I just know it's not the flu! Could I have prayed for God to just heal me?? I guess I could have, but then would I have had the same message? God listens to us and hears our prayers, even if we limit his way to answer. We need to realize that God's ways are limitless and He still performs miracles everyday, we just sometimes don't realize it because we are too focused on the hustle & bustle of our daily lives. We need to believe God more, not just that He exists, but that He is who He says He is. Hope you have a great week!!

"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain move from here to there and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20-21

1 comment:

  1. Hope your feeling better, I've been ill this week too. But, can't say I had anything shoved up my nose so I guess I am better off LOL. :O)

    ReplyDelete