Thursday, December 23, 2010
Well, now that you know about the "Big News", I'm sure you can imagine what preparations lie ahead and what doesn't help is that I want the wedding before April 29th. Well, it's sort of a long story but I'll try to keep it short. Last year, at Relay for Life, people cut their hair and donated it to an organization to make wigs for cancer patients. I have donated my hair once before and just feel it's a worthy cause. Since Relay (last April), I have been growing my hair out (it is so looonng!!!) so I can donate it this year at Relay on April 29th. Cue December proposal and me not wanting to have short hair for my wedding... (Every girl wants long hair for their wedding!!) So, I just figured I would have the wedding before Relay, that can't be too bad right??
A few days after the proposal, I started looking online at wedding stuff and registered for theknot.com. Little did I know they would have a countdown till my wedding AND the number of tasks I have to complete. Since I didn't know the date yet, I just put in a random Saturday and saw that it was only 135 days left and 165 tasks not completed. Well, that sent me into OCD overload and I think I almost had a panic attack right in front of my computer!! I immediately emailed Corey and asked him if he thought I was crazy! 135 days!! He tried reassuring me, telling me that we can do it and he would do everything he could to help me, which helped a little bit but I was still stressed. (BTW Corey has been so helpful with the plans! I'm so lucky!)
The next day (or at least I think it was the next day), I was looking for a memory verse that I was 8 days late on (1st and 15th Memory Verses!!)!! I looked through the verses I jot down and the 4th verse I read was meant just for me..."Commit to the Lord in whatever you do and He will establish your plans." Pro 16:3. Wow! That is exactly what I needed. A reminder that when I give it to God, He handles it in his time and his ways. I have felt so much better since then. It's so awesome when God shows you something like that, like in your face, where you can't deny it or question it. I trust Him that everything will work out ok in the end. I'm sure there will be some "bumps" in the plans but we will get through them. We can get through anything with God. So please keep us in your prayers, I'm sure we will definitely need them! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
"Commit to the Lord in whatever you do and He will establish your plans." Prov 16:3 (NIV)
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Well, some of you may know...I have some really big news!! REALLY BIG!!! My boyfriend FINALLY proposed!! I say finally because we have been talking about it for a couple of months and I have been waiting, and waiting...so you think I wouldn't have been too surprised. Nope, I cried like a baby!! It's really funny how it happened, so I'll tell you the story...
Every year, my family takes a trip to Canton, TX. If you don't know what Canton is, it is a huge flea market, acres and acres of stuff just waiting to be sold. This year, Corey decided to come to hang out with my family and to see what Canton really is. (It's hard to explain Canton, you just have to see it for yourself!!) So we loaded up my car and headed out Friday after work. It's about a 4 hour drive from where we live so we had alot of time to chat and jam out with my iPod. About half way there, we stopped to switch seats (I drove the 1st half) and so I could use the restroom. So, as you faithful readers may know, Pam (my iPad) is always with me. She was actually our navigator on this trip! Well, Corey knows that I constantly have Pam with me so he put my engagement ring in the side pocket of her case, expecting me to find it as soon as we restarted our trip. Well, let’s just say that the ring must’ve fallen to the bottom of the case because I didn’t find it all weekend!!!!!!! Corey checked the pocket every morning and night, just to make sure I didn’t lose it! And this might have you thinking I didn’t really use Pam that much, but I did!! Every night I would check the news on the internet and read my book on my kindle app. So yes, I had the ring the WHOLE TIME and never found it!!
On to the second part of the story, we went out Sunday morning to catch a couple of shops we missed the day before and I found a porcelain hand (the one that holds rings) that I wanted. I’ve been looking for something to hold my necklaces and bracelets since they just sit on my dresser! When I got home, Corey started helping me unpack and he put the hand on my dresser. I just kept unpacking, oblivious to what was about to happen. Corey got the ring from Pam’s case and put it on “the hand”. When I heard it clink, I was confused (imagine that!) and it didn’t even cross my mind he was proposing! When I finally realized what was going on, I just started crying. Corey said my face was priceless and when he asked me to marry him and all I could do was shake my head yes! Haha. It all happened so fast and it was really sweet. He did a great job, even though I foiled his plans more than once without knowing it!! Can you imagine the stress he was under all weekend, waiting for me to find the ring!?! I couldn’t have kept my cool if the roles were reversed! It’s definitely a funny story to tell…and I’m sure you are all wondering what “the hand” looked like. Well, wonder no more…
"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Cor 15:57
Friday, December 10, 2010
Well, bloggy friends, I have so much to be thankful for and it really helps to look back and realize what you have. You can always focus on the negative but why do that when it always brings you down?? I have done my fair share of focusing on the negative (sometimes it's so easy to do!!) but I have realized that being thankful and calling on God, I can get through many of my sour times. It may not happen instantly, but I can see a change and I feel like it works for me.
So, here are a few things that I am soooooooooooooo thankful for....
1) I have to put God first. He is the reason I am where I am today, and I couldn't do anything without him! Thanks for being my rock!
2) Corey is number 2, because he is the sweetest, most caring person I know. I am so glad I met him and I have to thank #1 for that!!! : )
3) My WHOLE family. Yes, they are crazy and sometimes I wonder how I am related (I'm sure they do too) but I am really glad that they are my family.
4) My friends are so great! I am really glad to have them in my life. It's so funny how God brings people in your life, especially when you need them. He does it in different ways, and half the time we don't even realize what he is doing. It's so amazing to witness it!
5) My Church family is so important to me. They are like my second family and I'm so thankful that we have grown up together (from the small sanctuary with the orange carpet...anyone???) It has been a very bumpy but God glorifying ride, but I'm glad that we continue to strive to get closer to God. We always need to keep him first.
6) I'm just so thankful for where my life is right now. It definitely has it's up and downs still, but I feel like the good times are outweighing the bad. I believe that God has a purpose and a plan for me and I trust that He knows exactly what he is doing. I can't express how grateful I am!!
7) I just have to throw this in here...I'm thankful for Apple products. My iPad is the coolest thing I have ever had, except for my iPod Touch and my MacBook....Oh, and I guess I'm thankful for all those years in college (I wasn't too thankful at the time) so I can afford everything Apple comes out with. I don't think it's an addiction until I acknowledge it, right!?!?
God is so good and I am thankful that He has been with me through it all and I can say that I made it here today because of Him. Let God handle all your worries and cares. He loves you and will hold your head up high. Thanks and hope you have a good weekend!!!
"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes 5:18