Friday, November 13, 2009

Hopes & Dreams

Hey everyone! It has been awhile since I have wrote. I have been very busy since starting my job and haven't found the right schedule or balance to get everything done that I want. It's a work in progress!! : ) I wanted to take some time to thank all of the Veterans who have served their country for our freedom. Alot of times we forget how big a sacrifice that these men and women make for us. We need to thank them more than just one day a year, they are truly heroes!


The other day I was thinking about where I want my life to go, such as my next plan or goal to acheive. If you know me, you know that I am a planner! I am NOT a girl who can fly by the seat of my pants because it induces a panic in me like no other. I don't like the unknown. It's just how I am. Ever since I can remember, I've always had a plan. I planned to go to college, get a good job, get married to my high school sweetheart and have kids. When I finally graduated college and got a great job, my plan was on track. Then, one night, it was all gone in the blink of an eye. Everything as I had known it for many years, was gone. And as you can imagine, I panicked! Not being able to envision what my future would be like was horrible to me. And even thinking of it now gives me chills!! I went through a season of being scared to even hope for normal things, of not trusting that God was good enough to handle my problems. Of course, I believed in God but I was hurt, confused and not sure what to do now. When in reality, I should've turned to Jesus. Recently becoming more dedicated to him is the best thing I have done. I now know that He is with me and He knows all of the desires of my heart, I just have to realize that it is on his time schedule, not mine. And that is so hard for a planner like me!!!


It was and is still a journey, a learning process. I have to choose to "let go and let God" work his will in my life everyday. It's really hard but when we bring the focus on Jesus, and not the troubles of the world, it makes it alot easier. I have learned I need to lean more on Jesus to get through this crazy ride we call life. He can provide more comfort and protection than any earthly person and He has our best interests at heart. He knows exactly what he is doing and it is all for his glory. Thank you Jesus... hope you have a good weekend.


"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know the testing of your faith develops perserverance." James 1:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment