Thursday, April 1, 2010

Look what the Lord has done!

Hey everyone!! How are you doing? Hopefully good! I’m getting ready for the long Easter weekend and am really excited! In less than a week, I will be headed to Vegas with my boyfriend and his family to be at his sister’s wedding. I’m really excited because I haven’t taken a real vacation (defined as a trip in a plane (not a car) for more than a weekend!!!) since college. It’s going to be really nice to just get away. And I want to thank God that I am even able to do that. He is so awesome!!

Ok, I wasn’t actually going to say this, but writing about Vegas made me think... When I tell people that I am going to Vegas, I sometimes get the gasp and don’t you know it’s Sin City?? Hopefully, Jesus doesn’t come back when you are there?!? (Ha ha, this one made me laugh) Ok, maybe there is more sin there than most cities but really, there is sin everywhere! I plan on going to a wedding, lying by the pool, eating awesome meals (that include the desserts!!! Ha ha), and seeing shows. I don’t drink and it physically pains me to gamble so I think this would be just like a normal vacation for me, it just happens to be in Vegas. I could do the same in Dallas, Orlando or Cozumel. It doesn’t matter where you are, it just matters how you act!! And hopefully if Jesus comes back when I’m there, he won’t totally overlook the whole town of Las Vegas!! Ha ha. Whew!! I think I’m done.

And now for the real post. : ) Well, the last couple of weeks have been so awesome. I feel like a lot of things have been going really good, which is great because I wasn’t sure what else I could go through. I don’t want to sound like I am complaining, because I’m not. I have just been reflecting and see everything that God has brought me through (because I definitely know it wasn’t just me!) and it’s pretty amazing. (The hymn "Look what the Lord has done" is going through my head now!! Ha ha!) I mean, actually if I want to count my whole college experience, I probably could. God REALLY got me through that! Who would’ve thunk it, that a girl who didn’t like math in high school would “grow up” (I use that term loosely) to be an engineer?? He was there with me after I graduated and couldn’t find a job. He was especially there for me after my fiancé died. That was the hardest thing I have ever been through and am so thankful for my relationship with God. I know that I couldn’t have got through it without Him. I don’t want to give you the wrong impression. It was very hard to go through, I still miss Thomas, and there were times that I questioned God, but looking back I can see His finger prints everywhere and I’m sure that there will be more things come because God is so good. : )

Since then I have moved into my own house, lost my job, got a new job, and still feel God’s presence. I think that the main lesson I’m learning is that God is in control, not me. I try so hard to plan things and when they don’t happen my way I sort of freak, but I am learning God is there for me no matter what. I was talking with a friend the other day about how we thought our lives would be when we were younger. If you would’ve asked me then I would’ve told you I am NOT having kids at 30, and look where I am now, a month till my 30th birthday. It’s sort of funny. I trust God and know without a shadow of a doubt he has something awesome planned for me. I just have to be patient and wait on Him. Hope you have a great Easter weekend and remember He has risen!

“Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!” Psalm 27:14 (NKJV)

3 comments:

  1. so true so true!! I'm just now getting around to reading this.
    It's so incredible to look and see how He's worked in our lives!! =)
    p.s. I LOOOVEEE Your picture =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have family that lives in Vegas (due to the Air Force base there). So when I went to my cousin's wedding a few years ago, I felt like I had the same reactions from people! Oh well. People in Vegas need Jesus, too.

    I came to your blog via the LPM website and have to say that I'm so sorry to read about your fiance's death. Sometimes life is just hard, isn't it? My life didn't turn out the way I expected, either. I thought I'd be married with children by the time I was 25, but I didn't even meet my future husband until I was 32. But I can look back and see that God's kindness and wisdom overshadowed every struggle and sad moment. I pray the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie, thank you so much! It is really hard to let go of your ideas for your future, but God knows what he's doing! Thanks for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete