- Well, January was pretty low key, if you want to call it that. Of course, wedding preparations were being made like nobodies business so that added the stress of finding "the place" on "the date". It was a little much but we figured it out!! Mardi Gras season was starting and that is always fun!!
- February - After 3 years, Apple finally made all my dreams come true. I got an iPhone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if you can understand my excitement!! Everything I have now syncs together, Calendars, contacts, EVERYTHING!!! (Ok, I have to make this disclaimer...my iphone comes second to Corey! Although without it, I'm not sure how I would function now!! Haha) We also had a new addition to the family!! Corey's sister had a cute baby boy!! (I'm an aunt now! Haha!!) And at the end of the month we had my first wedding shower!! That started the almost weekly wedding events that would lead up to... dum, dum, DUM...the wedding!!
- March was jammed packed with activities! We had another wedding shower for my family and friends, a bachelorette party in Houston and a lingerie party at my house. (The last hooray at my house...sniff, sniff. I'm going to miss that place!) Oh, and during all that craziness I got a new job!! Which is definitely going to be a blog post in itself. It's got God all over it, so of course I have to share!! : )
- Then April was finally here. It FLEW by!! All the hard work and preparation was over in the blink of an eye! Friends have said that they hardly remember their wedding day because it happens so fast, that it's a blur and it is so true!! I wish I could rewind and replay everything so I could remember. I'm glad we had a great photographer and videographer!! Can't wait to see everything!! We also had an amazing honeymoon in Puerto Rico!! We stayed for the week and relaxed and did all the touristy things! It was pretty awesome! And since we've got home, it's been full speed ahead!! I've had so much stuff to do, I'm still waiting for the lull! I'm thinking that it's just not going to happen!! : )
- May is officially my birthday month!!! This year it was a little harder for me to get into it. I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting older, or that I've had so much stuff going on...I'm hoping it's the latter!! I just LOVE to celebrate my birthday! So we had a couple of dinners with family and friends then I planned a night at Painting with a Twist for the girls!! It is so much fun and I recommend it for anyone! I definitely want to do it more! Let me know if you go, and I'll go with you! : ) Last weekend, we went to the beach with friends to celebrate the awesome May birthday's!! It was a lot of fun!! I'm ready to enjoy the summer!!
Well, since I wrote this it doesn't seem like that much, but trust me, it's felt like ALOT! We've had baby showers (with more to come!!), Relay for Life (another blog post!!), baptisms and just hanging out with friends and family! It's been pretty crazy, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!! And God was evident in everything that went on! The last post I wrote talked about the verse Proverbs 16:13, about God establishing my plans and I really feel like he did these last couple of months!! There were so many things that just happened to "work out", to be a coincidence. It was God.
It's really weird looking back because I didn't really freak out or get too obsessive during all the wedding stuff, and that's CRAZY considering my OCD tendencies!! It was totally God. I'm so thankful for his grace.
"But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord; the one whose confidence is in Him." Jer 17:7 (NIV)