Thursday, December 23, 2010

Establish my plans

God is so amazing and shows himself to us in the neatest ways. I am so thankful that He decides to show himself to me and that I know that He is there! I love being a child of God.


Well, now that you know about the "Big News", I'm sure you can imagine what preparations lie ahead and what doesn't help is that I want the wedding before April 29th. Well, it's sort of a long story but I'll try to keep it short. Last year, at Relay for Life, people cut their hair and donated it to an organization to make wigs for cancer patients. I have donated my hair once before and just feel it's a worthy cause. Since Relay (last April), I have been growing my hair out (it is so looonng!!!) so I can donate it this year at Relay on April 29th. Cue December proposal and me not wanting to have short hair for my wedding... (Every girl wants long hair for their wedding!!) So, I just figured I would have the wedding before Relay, that can't be too bad right??


A few days after the proposal, I started looking online at wedding stuff and registered for theknot.com. Little did I know they would have a countdown till my wedding AND the number of tasks I have to complete. Since I didn't know the date yet, I just put in a random Saturday and saw that it was only 135 days left and 165 tasks not completed. Well, that sent me into OCD overload and I think I almost had a panic attack right in front of my computer!! I immediately emailed Corey and asked him if he thought I was crazy! 135 days!! He tried reassuring me, telling me that we can do it and he would do everything he could to help me, which helped a little bit but I was still stressed. (BTW Corey has been so helpful with the plans! I'm so lucky!)


The next day (or at least I think it was the next day), I was looking for a memory verse that I was 8 days late on (1st and 15th Memory Verses!!)!! I looked through the verses I jot down and the 4th verse I read was meant just for me..."Commit to the Lord in whatever you do and He will establish your plans." Pro 16:3. Wow! That is exactly what I needed. A reminder that when I give it to God, He handles it in his time and his ways. I have felt so much better since then. It's so awesome when God shows you something like that, like in your face, where you can't deny it or question it. I trust Him that everything will work out ok in the end. I'm sure there will be some "bumps" in the plans but we will get through them. We can get through anything with God. So please keep us in your prayers, I'm sure we will definitely need them! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!


"Commit to the Lord in whatever you do and He will establish your plans." Prov 16:3 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment