Saturday, January 2, 2016

He's all we need...

God is always on time and He definitely knows what we need.  Every so often, I get weighed down by things of the world…they aren’t always bad things, but things that distract me from God’s word.  Whether it’s taking care of the kids, or cooking, or cleaning or at this point, just wanting to take a nap, they are the things that get in my way.  But thank goodness He always has a way to bring us back into focus.  He gives us a desire to want to be near him and to hear him.  I know when I was a young Christian I thought that was the most bizarre statement.  It wasn’t until I started studying the bible and getting into the word, that I fully understood what that meant.  Let me give you an example that I recently shared with a friend.

With having 3 kids under three (I still can’t believe I have 3 kids!), I feel so torn because I can’t spend the time with God that I feel I need.  There is always someone wanting mommy, or some chore that has to be done, or me just needing five minutes alone to regroup.  I long for the time where I could do my bibles studies with 5 days of homework…but in our life right now, it’s just not in the cards.  I felt guilty and really overwhelmed and then God does what He always does to show me/reveal to me what He wants me to hear.  I joke with a friend at church that God hits me over the head multiple times with a message before I “get it” and this is no exception.  I listened to a message at a conference this spring that basically said I don’t have to have a rigid study schedule to have a relationship with God.  I need to seek him when I can and live my life like I have a relationship with him; be the example to my family, and really everyone else for that matter.  It was so refreshing to hear that.  Then I started listening to a podcast of a mom who has great guests that are also moms and over and over they are telling the same story, a story of grace to mothers with young children who can’t focus for 2 minutes, let alone hours to study the bible.  My time is coming, when the kids can entertain themselves longer or when we can even study together.  I can’t wait for that!  So to sum it up, the same God, who wants us to walk right beside him, has the same grace during times in our lives to carry us when we can’t juggle it all.  We just have to keep lifting our eyes to him and He will help us through!

I’m not sure where he is taking me right now.  It’s definitely going to be an interesting journey.  But I do know that wherever I go, He always has his hand on me, leading and guiding the way. 


Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer.  Romans 12:12 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment