Friday, December 10, 2010

Things I'm Thankful For...

***I really planned to have a Thanksgiving post about the things I'm thankful for but here it is December and I haven't even finished it yet!! And to think...it's the name of my blog!!!!!***

Well, bloggy friends, I have so much to be thankful for and it really helps to look back and realize what you have. You can always focus on the negative but why do that when it always brings you down?? I have done my fair share of focusing on the negative (sometimes it's so easy to do!!) but I have realized that being thankful and calling on God, I can get through many of my sour times. It may not happen instantly, but I can see a change and I feel like it works for me.

So, here are a few things that I am soooooooooooooo thankful for....
1) I have to put God first. He is the reason I am where I am today, and I couldn't do anything without him! Thanks for being my rock!

2) Corey is number 2, because he is the sweetest, most caring person I know. I am so glad I met him and I have to thank #1 for that!!! : )

3) My WHOLE family. Yes, they are crazy and sometimes I wonder how I am related (I'm sure they do too) but I am really glad that they are my family.

4) My friends are so great! I am really glad to have them in my life. It's so funny how God brings people in your life, especially when you need them. He does it in different ways, and half the time we don't even realize what he is doing. It's so amazing to witness it!

5) My Church family is so important to me. They are like my second family and I'm so thankful that we have grown up together (from the small sanctuary with the orange carpet...anyone???) It has been a very bumpy but God glorifying ride, but I'm glad that we continue to strive to get closer to God. We always need to keep him first.

6) I'm just so thankful for where my life is right now. It definitely has it's up and downs still, but I feel like the good times are outweighing the bad. I believe that God has a purpose and a plan for me and I trust that He knows exactly what he is doing. I can't express how grateful I am!!

7) I just have to throw this in here...I'm thankful for Apple products. My iPad is the coolest thing I have ever had, except for my iPod Touch and my MacBook....Oh, and I guess I'm thankful for all those years in college (I wasn't too thankful at the time) so I can afford everything Apple comes out with. I don't think it's an addiction until I acknowledge it, right!?!?

God is so good and I am thankful that He has been with me through it all and I can say that I made it here today because of Him. Let God handle all your worries and cares. He loves you and will hold your head up high. Thanks and hope you have a good weekend!!!

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment