Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Extra! Extra! Read all about it....


Well, some of you may know...I have some really big news!! REALLY BIG!!! My boyfriend FINALLY proposed!! I say finally because we have been talking about it for a couple of months and I have been waiting, and waiting...so you think I wouldn't have been too surprised. Nope, I cried like a baby!! It's really funny how it happened, so I'll tell you the story...

Every year, my family takes a trip to Canton, TX. If you don't know what Canton is, it is a huge flea market, acres and acres of stuff just waiting to be sold. This year, Corey decided to come to hang out with my family and to see what Canton really is. (It's hard to explain Canton, you just have to see it for yourself!!) So we loaded up my car and headed out Friday after work. It's about a 4 hour drive from where we live so we had alot of time to chat and jam out with my iPod. About half way there, we stopped to switch seats (I drove the 1st half) and so I could use the restroom. So, as you faithful readers may know, Pam (my iPad) is always with me. She was actually our navigator on this trip! Well, Corey knows that I constantly have Pam with me so he put my engagement ring in the side pocket of her case, expecting me to find it as soon as we restarted our trip. Well, let’s just say that the ring must’ve fallen to the bottom of the case because I didn’t find it all weekend!!!!!!! Corey checked the pocket every morning and night, just to make sure I didn’t lose it! And this might have you thinking I didn’t really use Pam that much, but I did!! Every night I would check the news on the internet and read my book on my kindle app. So yes, I had the ring the WHOLE TIME and never found it!!

On to the second part of the story, we went out Sunday morning to catch a couple of shops we missed the day before and I found a porcelain hand (the one that holds rings) that I wanted. I’ve been looking for something to hold my necklaces and bracelets since they just sit on my dresser! When I got home, Corey started helping me unpack and he put the hand on my dresser. I just kept unpacking, oblivious to what was about to happen. Corey got the ring from Pam’s case and put it on “the hand”. When I heard it clink, I was confused (imagine that!) and it didn’t even cross my mind he was proposing! When I finally realized what was going on, I just started crying. Corey said my face was priceless and when he asked me to marry him and all I could do was shake my head yes! Haha. It all happened so fast and it was really sweet. He did a great job, even though I foiled his plans more than once without knowing it!! Can you imagine the stress he was under all weekend, waiting for me to find the ring!?! I couldn’t have kept my cool if the roles were reversed! It’s definitely a funny story to tell…and I’m sure you are all wondering what “the hand” looked like. Well, wonder no more…


"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Cor 15:57

1 comment:

  1. TOO precious! I was hoping you'd post the story. =) I'm so stinking excited for you guys. And that story is adorable - definitely one to tell over and over again. =)

    ReplyDelete