Friday, April 15, 2016

Give Him all the thanks!

Hello everyone!  God is so good!  He is continuously working in my life right now and even though I am going through hard times, I can only rejoice!!  Yesterday was literally the outpouring of God and made a lot of what I have been doing lately worth every lost penny.  I've had time to read and study God's word.  I've had time to think about all God has done for me in the last 10-15 years.  Time to focus on how good God is and it all came to a head yesterday.

I got a phone call from someone who is having a hard time right now.  The hardest time in their whole life.  It's not my place to talk about their problems or even tell you what they are because the message is still the same.  I've tried to get better at getting up before the kids to pray and do my bible study.  Have I really?!?  Depends on what day it is, but this week I have gotten up 3 times before the kids and that is a record so maybe that can tell you how I'm doing!  : )  So back to yesterday.  I got up, finished my bible study and started praying over my prayer list.  I was a little distracted but as I prayed I wrote down some names of people I need to contact, to ask how they are doing or whatever. Well, when I got to this specific person, I immediately sent a text telling them I was thinking of them and praying that they have a good day.  Also that God is in control and they can get through this time.  Nothing amazing, just a heart felt message in a spur of the moment.  I have no idea why I stopped during my prayer to do it, but I didn't even think twice about it actually.

That afternoon I got the phone call.  That person told me that yesterday was the hardest day they have ever had.  They told me the no one understands what they are going though and they didn't know who else to call.  It breaks my heart to think back on it but I gave them words of encouragement that I pray stick.  I told them that we can not do anything without God.  Every single thing is because of Him!  I told them of how God brings us through hard times to refine us and grow us, as he is there helping us the whole way.  It may not seem like he's there, or that the trial goes on forever, but he is holding our hand, leading us and guiding us to a better relationship with Him.  It is so hard to feel like you are alone, but I told them that they are never alone.  God set this path out for them to mold and grow them and give them a testimony so one day they can help someone else.

That conversation was literally from God because I know I couldn't have said those things 1 year ago or even 6 months ago.  I've always been scared I was going to say something wrong and set someone back or give them a reason to not believe, but the last two bible studies I've done have shown me that God can use anyone.  He gives us these opportunities to teach us that He is in control.  As I come to him daily, I ask him to give me the words to speak, that they encourage, uplift, give hope and of course point people to Jesus.  I'm so glad that I was able to help someone, but to point them to God made it all the better.  If you're reading this, please lift up my friend.  They could use all the prayers right now.  God can bring redemption, we just have to be willing to be used by Him.  I pray you have a blessed day and an amazing weekend!

Nothing is impossible with God.  Luke 1:37

No comments:

Post a Comment