Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Veil is Thin

I wrote this a couple of weeks ago, but forgot to post...mom life.


Today…I just can’t even!  How can God loves us as much as He does?!  I mean, we’re all sinners who are totally unworthy but He does the most intimate and loving things for us, that no one else even knows.  The last few days I have really felt God’s presence in just the little things.  For example, my husband left for a retreat yesterday and on the way to drop him off I “kind of” joked that since he would be focusing on God all weekend, if he could ask God to provide me with a job that would be great.  He told me he had been praying, but I said “well, you will be closer to God since you will be focusing on him for 4 days and the veil will be thin.”  I mean, I was sort of kidding but not really?!  Am I the only one with a sense of humor like this?!  I hope not! 

That night while I was reading my book Audacious by Beth Moore, one sentence jumped out of the page.  She said “He’s always there whether or not we ever perceive Him but nothing in this human experience is like an uncommon, sacred moment when, for the briefest flash of time, the veil seems thin.”  (Emphasis mine.)  Literal goosebumps. He chose that particular night and that particular page for me to read those words as sort of a confirmation that the veil is thin.  But on the other hand, it tells me that He’s always here.  God tore the veil for us so we wouldn’t have to rely on others to speak to God for us and I am so thankful for that.  I have to continually seek him, study his word, pray and really listen for when God is leading me to do something.  Sometimes I don’t hear anything, but I know He is still there.  We have to trust that whatever we are going through is God’s will.  It can be tough, but the reminder that however God blesses us here on earth or in heaven is better than any tough circumstance we face today.  Keep hoping and keep trusting that God is going to do what He says He’s going to do.  Have a wonderful day!!


“At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.  The earth shook and the rocks split.”  Matthew 27:51 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment