Tuesday, September 29, 2009

On a lighter note!!!


Hello everyone! How thankful we should be for little children! (Well, except when they are screaming their head off in the checkout line...) Just kidding. It is amazing how smart kids can be, even in the infant stage. I recently attended a Kindermusik class one of my friends is instructing and was really impressed how the small children responded and that they already knew what to do in class. They ranged from 6-8 months all the way to 2 years old. I was really impressed!

Last weekend, I was honored to become a godmother to the daughter of one of my best friends. I am so thankful that they thought of me to be the godmother. Meet Camilla Anne!!!
I have been thinking a lot about that and it is really a big responsibility. Of course, the first major responsibility is that if God forbid anything happens to them, her godfather and I will have to take responsibility of her. This is something that I pray never happens but it nevertheless is a major responsibility. The other responsibility is that I have to be there for her, supporting her through everything she does from now on. I will need to hold her up in prayer through many of life's ups and downs. I will need to relay to her that I am there for her no matter what. It is a huge responsibility and I am ready for the challenge! I love Camilla with all my heart and will be there with her parents through dance recitals and soccer games or whatever it may be. Showing her God's love through me, now that's important!

I once heard someone speak about leaving a legacy to their children. What will your legacy be? It is a very interesting question and it is up to you to decide what you want to leave behind. A loving heart, thankful, kindness towards everyone or complaining, bickering or nagging? I know what I want mine to be, how about you???

"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Prov. 21:6

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Heather! It's a comfort to know Camilla will grow up to have a Godmother that loves her very much and that will guide her in His path. You are one of God's gift to us and we will forever be grateful! :)

    ReplyDelete