Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wow! Speechless....

Ok, I actually don't even know where to begin except for God is awesome! It is so great when you are praying for something and God gives you a word or in this case, blatantly shows me He is in control! For the last couple of weeks, God has shown me through small words and readings from various people that He is with me. Being an engineer, I am a very literal person and it has taken me years, and I do mean years, to "hear" God speaking to me. I have come to realize that it isn't going to be a godly voice from the heavens proclaiming what I need to do (but if it did that would be awesome!!) but more or less words from a sermon, a bible study or a song on the radio. We have to look for God in every part of our lives. I am so thankful that I have learned to look for the little things that God can use for the big things in his plan.

Last week in my bible study homework, God used Beth Moore to confirm what I already knew in my heart. I am doing the Esther bible study with a really good friend and I am so glad that she invited me because it has really been a blessing! As you all know, the man who plead guilty to murdering my fiance got 10 years probation two weeks ago. It is a bittersweet ruling, but I believe God is in control. Wednesday night, I was completing my homework for the study and wow, I am still getting goose bumps! Beth was talking about how even though things on earth aren't always fair, God is the ultimate judge. (She actually used the verse in Daniel 7 calling God the "Ancient of Days" and we actually practiced that song Wednesday right before I did this day of homework. But that's another God moment!) That in itself was great hearing, but I want to add the exact wording from the bible study. "No one who refuses the payment of the cross will jump bail in heaven even if he or she got away with murder on earth. I need to know that. I think perhaps you do too." Holy moly! It was right there on the paper!! This study was published in 2008 and who knew I would be doing week 3, day 5 right now, the very week when I needed to hear it?? God knew! It's amazing how He plans everything for our good! He is so awesome and I hope that you can look for the awesome God moments in your life, even if it is something small like your favorite song on the radio. God knew! Hope you have a good week!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment