Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Friends!

Hey! I wanted to take some time to thank my friends who are always here for me. You may not realize how much you impact my life, but you do. It's always nice to hear words of encouragement and laughter that only friends can share (and stories that we have to keep to ourselves!!). I pray that I never get too busy for friends or focus on myself more than others.

It's amazing how helping someone who is in need is so fulfilling. It can be a friend, family member or a stranger but just the fact that you reached out to them may make their day, week, month or even their year. (The Friends' theme song is running through my head now!!) By your acts of kindness, God is using you to show them Jesus on earth. Especially if you have been through something that they can relate to, God can use you to help others in need. I am not very good with emotions and words so I like sending cards to people if I can tell they need them. I hope it brightens their day and lets them know that someone is thinking of them.

I want to be better in this area and think of others more often than myself. It is so easy to get in a rut and feel sorry for ourselves or that our problems are so big, but by helping others it gets us out of the "Me" mentality. Let me know if there are any creative ways you brighten someone's day. I need to expand my horizons! Hope you have a good week!

"A friend loves at all times" Proverbs 17:17a



No comments:

Post a Comment