Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy ---> mad. All in a day!!

Hey everyone. What a week!! I'm sure everyone has had a day like this. You wake up feeling that today is going to be a good day. Something good does happen, making you feel on top of the world. You couldn't be more happy! And then a few minutes or hours later, you are as mad as a hornet! How easily we can go from one extreme to the next! Looking back it is pretty funny, but at the time I was serious!!

When the day began I was waiting to hear about my job offer. I haven't heard from them and was starting to get nervous and of course my mind was going through 100 scenarios a minute! I was trying not to be worried, but I was! And then when I was cooking lunch, the doorbell rang. I froze, thinking is this it?! I went to the door and on the doorstep was a FedEx package with my job offer! I was so excited, words can't explain what went through my mind at that moment. I immediately called my parents, brother and other family members then I sent a text to a couple of friends (And put it on facebook!!). I was so ecstatic thanking God the whole time!

Then, a little while later, I was trying to respond to some texts and my phone wouldn't work. Then I tried calling someone and it wouldn't call out. Frustrated, I turned off the phone and took the battery out to reboot it hoping it would work. And it didn't. So for an hour, I tried everything under the sun to get my phone to work with no avail. Of all days!! The next day I needed my phone to contact my NEW employer and my phone just wasn't working!!!! I was SO mad, it was ridiculous (especially looking back now!!) After visiting Verizon (and waiting 20 minutes!!), they told me that 2 towers were down near my house and cell service was not working during that time but everything is up and running now. So there was absolutely nothing I could've done, but not knowing that I got myself all worked up. So then, I should've calmed down and realized there are more things to be thankful for, but did I?? Nope, I am WAY too dependent on technology!!

God is always ready to teach us a lesson, right?? That night after I came home I started doing my bible study homework and you'll never guess what it was over... Esther 5:9-10. This is the passage where Haman leaves an special royal banquet so happy (the bible translates to glad in his heart!!) about being important enough to attend and then sees Mordecai (a Jew who wouldn't bow to Haman) and is immediately filled with rage. I could instantly relate to a story that happened in Old Testament times!! It just showed me that God back then is still God today and to be happy and content with what I have. So, I am now praying that I won't make the small things SO big. It's really hard to do, but we don't need to let the devil steal our joy. It's amazing what the devil can do or use to get under our skin where we can "forget" about the blessings God has provided for us. Amazing. Hope you have a good week!

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment