Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gaining Muscle

Well, I'm sure that everyone has heard by now but I going to say it anyway! God has finally blessed me with a job!! Woo hoo!! If we had mountain tops in southeast Texas I would shout it from there!! After many months of prayer and wondering what am I supposed to do with my life, God has blessed me in more ways than I can name! I want to thank everyone who prayed for me too, because without all of the prayers I am not sure I could've handled this. I can't lie, the last couple of weeks have been very stressful but I just think it is the Devil trying to rain on my parade!! (That is the beginning of another post!!) So I want to praise God for my job and thank all of my friends and family who have been there for me!!

Lately, (since I haven't had anything to do) I have been going to the gym trying out different classes to get in better shape. So far, my favorite is pilates because it isn't strenuous and provides a good core workout that I need. I have tried others that I do NOT like!! I'm not a fan of spinning because it doesn't keep my attention long (and the seat hurts!) and there was some interval training class that was horrible! But as I say that, each class has helped me build muscle and get in better shape. After the workouts I am sore for a day or two, but the positives outweigh the negatives (hopefully!!). I read in my bible study last week that the same could go for gaining spiritual muscle. I have never thought about it that way, but it is so true. The trials that we go through can strengthen us to have more faith and be stronger when the next trial comes along. It's not fun frantically trying to keep up with the step class instructor, but in the end my body will reap the benefits or just give out(whatever comes first!!). Trials aren't fun either, but hopefully through them it will bring us closer to Christ!

Of course, during a trial, you could turn away from God and I have been there. Looking back, it's not a pleasant place to be. Using worldly things to bring you joy and happiness doesn't work for long. It is your choice on how you deal with your problems. I am so thankful that God never left me and that He was patiently waiting for me to return to him. Trials aren't always easy but we have to stand strong on what God's word tells us and believe without a shadow of a doubt that God is who He says He is. Hope you have a good week!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment