Monday, February 15, 2016

He's always there.

God is so awesome and he blows me away with the thought and care that he has for us.  Right now, God is so apparent in my life and I love it!  The only downside is that I am now jobless.  For every major season in my life, God has provided a way for me to come close to him so I will know that he is there.  It sounds weird, but it is so true.
 
The beginning of this year, my sister-in-law asked me to do an online bible study with her through Proverbs31 Ministries.  It is called Becoming more than a good Bible study girl and it was set to start January 24th.  I ordered the book as soon as I signed up and started reading because with my crazy life I wasn’t sure I would have enough time during the study to keep up.  The book (the 3-4 chapters I read beforehand) basically summed up what I have been lacking in my walk with Christ:  spending more time with God and when I seek him, finding peace with him. 

Fast forward to January 24th, my boss requested a meeting where he told me due to budget reductions, I would have to be let go.  Of course I was devastated, but I have had a sense of peace about it because my eyes were open to see that God had this in his hands since the beginning of time.  My first5 devotional for that day was “Whatever battle you’re facing today, the victory can be yours in Christ.”  The message from the bible study was John 15:9-12:  “As the father has loved me, so I have loved you.  Now remain in my love.  If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my father’s commands and remain in his love.  I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.  My command is this:  Love each other as I have loved you.”  And at the end of that week it was 1 Peter 5:7 “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”  I mean, how straightforward can that be?! 

All of this has been echoed in sermons at church, podcasts in the car, retweets from different people…the list goes on and on.  It’s hard for us on earth to realize that God is always there but he’s the song on the radio, the “random” word from a friend; the message we hear over and over again.  It’s not a coincidence it’s God.  He has our best interest at heart and he’s always there, even when we don’t realize it.  I can’t say how thankful I am right now that he is with me.  He cares for us so much.  I pray you have a blessed week.


“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.  Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment